Chin liposuction is an effective procedure for getting rid of double chin and improving shape. It enhances your facial appearance by eliminating the excess fat deposits around the chin area. There is no particular procedure to eliminate the double chin problem; rather, a combination of procedures can remove fatty tissues around the chin, neck or beneath the jaws.
Your dermatologist may recommend neck lift surgery or chin liposuction by examining your skin type and facial fat percentage. Here’s all you need to know about chin liposuction, its cost, efficacy, and recovery so, keep reading.
Causes of Double Chin
Double chin formation may result due to any of the following factors such as:
- Being overweight or excessive fat deposition
- Skin ageing
- Poor sitting posture
- Hereditary factors
- Improper diet and lack of exercise
What to do before Chin Liposuction Procedure?
You have to know the important points before getting double chin surgery. It would be best to schedule a consultation with your dermatologist, to know about precautions after surgery. The vital points to know are:
- Prior Medical Examination to ensure your doctor knows about your general health, routine medicine usage, family history and skin type.
- Proper Scheduling for your Work is essential before getting an appointment for the surgical procedure. Manage your working days and time before going for liposuction. Most patients resume their normal duties after one week of surgery.
- Stopping or minimizing alcohol consumption and Smoking as nicotine can hinder the healing process after surgical treatment. So, avoid smoking or alcohol consumption for at least 3-4 weeks before chin liposuction.
How much Time require to Complete the Chin Liposuction?
Chin liposuction is an OPD procedure and does not need an overnight stay in the hospital. Usually, one to two hours are enough to complete the procedure with no significant need of bed rest. Chin liposuction does not require general anesthesia; rather, local anesthesia can be applied for the procedure.
Generally, little access points are made under the chin crease after local anesthesia. A cannula helps release the extra fat and suck it out of the skin through the incision.
Chin Liposuction Benefits
Double chin surgery is associated with many better facial appearance benefits, including:
- Double chin elimination through safe and reliable treatment method
- Neck fullness
- More defined jawline to revitalize the facial appearance
- Fat reduction in the neck region forms a more natural transition from the neck to the jawline
Possible Consequences of Chin Liposuction/Double Chin Surgery
You might experience some changes in the skin appearance after the surgical procedure, but the problem is not long-lasting. Your skin can heal itself quickly after any surgical treatment. However, it may take a few days to weeks to recover your normal skin completely without considerable change in skin appearance.
The most noticeable signs that you may experience include:
- Asymmetrical facial appearance
- Bruising or swelling
- Redness, itching or scars
- Numbness with little discomfort
Efficacy of Double Chin Liposuction
Liposuction is a procedure that removes fat tissues and ensures that they do not return. Meanwhile, it is critical to keep a constant weight to maintain your new appearance even after liposuction. If you gain a lot of weight in the future, your general appearance will most certainly change as your body stores excess fat in other places.
Home Remedies to Reduce the Pain/discomfort
Your surgeon recommends the important instructions for reducing the pain or discomfort after double chin surgery. These may include some home remedies or medications for getting quick recovery. Some of the suggested points include:
- Avoid hot tubs for a minimum of two weeks after surgery. Your head-wrap should not get wet to prevent possible infections.
- Apply a cold compressor to reduce post-surgical pain. Applying a cold compress for about 20 minutes can significantly alleviate the pain.
- Pay Attention to your sleeping Posture and avoid sleeping on any side. Just lay down on your back with 2-3 pillows beneath your head to reduce swelling.
Associated Risks for Chin Liposuction Treatment
Generally, chin liposuction offers minimal side effects due to small incisions during surgery. Most of these problems solve on their own after a few days. However, you may still get some possible side effects such as:
- Swelling and Pain
Chin Liposuction Before and After Pictures
Chin liposuction is an effective way to eliminate double chin problem with almost no significant side effects. However, to maintain the tighten skin after the surgery is a big task for which you must pay attention on maintaing your ideal weight. Moreover, consult your dermatologist for the benefits and possible consequences before getting surgical treatment.
Hi saima, its a very impressive piece of writing. Appreciate your research.